December 2, 2013

Pattern Test - Jocole Girls Yoga A-Line Skirt

Hello everybody! I'm back with another pattern test and review. I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving, I know I definitely did! Last week was pretty crazy - I was lucky enough to be testing 3 different patterns from 3 different designers simultaneously! One of those patterns is this darling Girls Yoga A-Line Skirt from Jocole.




Jodi is the designer/patternmaker/seamstress behind Jocole. She offers tons of amazing patterns that are straightforward, easy to understand, and great for beginners as well as advanced sewers! One of my favorite things about Jocole is the selection of patterns for "basics" - leggings, t-shirts, cap sleeve tees, undies, etc. They are all wardrobe staples and patterns you will use over & over. In addition to children's patterns, she also offers a collection of Women's sewing patterns as well. Ok, on to the pattern test!



Here are some details about this adorable skirt!
Size Range: 18" Doll, 18 months-girls 14 (Ladies pattern available here)
Options:
•Maxi or knee length
•Chevron option with striped fabric
•Skinny knit waistband, regular knit waistband, or fold-over yoga waistband
•Regular or slim cut
Pattern Assembly Time: 5 min
Fabric Cutting Time: 9-10 min
Sewing Time: 25 min

I'm sure you've gathered this by now, but this pattern was QUICK! Just how I like it :) 40 minutes from printing & assembling the pattern to being finished. And that was just the first time I made it. Next time will take a lot less time since I already have the pattern printed & assembled, and I won't have to read through the directions as thoroughly since I've made it once before. I normally sew after the kids have gone to bed, but this is a pattern I could easily whip up during naptime!

I tested the 3T Maxi length, slim cut, with a skinny knit waistband. It was a bit long on my short chunky girl, but that's to be expected! It will be very easy to adjust the pattern to make it shorter for her next time. How cute is this on her though?! I just love it.



Included in the pattern is an Intro to Knits section and a Glossary of Sewing Terms. Jodi has also included a link to a separate PDF document all about Knits with valuable tips, tricks, and knit fabric resources. This is a perfect beginner knit pattern! The pattern is quick & easy and loaded with useful info, and the cuteness factor is off the charts!

The pattern is computer drawn & laid out on a grid which makes pattern assembly a breeze! The pattern fit together perfectly and the lines were clearly marked so you know exactly what you're cutting.



The written tutorial is accompanied by computer illustrated diagrams, which to my surprise were very straightforward and easy to decipher! The diagrams were just as easy, if not easier, to understand than full-color photograph tutorials.

One thing I love about Jocole patterns is that she includes a section at the end with the instructions alone - no illustrations or photographs - so you can print the instructions without using up a ton of paper & ink! For me, I prefer to keep my patterns in Google Drive & read them on my iPad, but if you prefer to print the tutorial, this is a great option!



Testing this pattern was an absolute delight! It was easy, quick, and turned out perfectly. It looked so cute on my little miss, and she loved wearing it which is what really matters! Thank you for the opportunity to test this adorable pattern Jodi!

Make sure to like Jocole on Facebook to keep up with all of her fabulous patterns! You can also request to join her exclusive Facebook Group for ideas, inspiration, and help - if you need it!

Make sure to watch out for the release of this amazing pattern!





No comments:

Post a Comment